How to Bay Area Brunch around the World in Just One Hour:
1) Go to Pomelo’s Noe Valley location.
2) Grab a seat outside under the big pomelo or inside with the yellow walls, photos of faraway destinations, and funky chandeliers.
3) Start your brunch journey with a complimentary mini muffin of strawberry, rhubarb, and hazelnut.
4) Globe-trot between Lima, Yucatán, and finally land in Caracas.
Order the “Altamira” dish which consists of a trio of crispy arepas. Devour the egg and spicy salsa one, dump guasacaca into the bland potato one, and skip the dry beef in the last one for the fried plantains and black beans.
5) Travel to Jakarta with your brunch buddy who has ordered the “Batavia” dish.
Break open the fried eggs on top and then snag a few forkfuls of the nasi goreng which consists of fried rice with perfectly cooked chicken and shrimp, nicely seasoned with garlic, scallion, and fried shallots. Munch on the flavorful shrimp crackers, enjoy the tang of the vinegary diced cucumbers and carrots, and fall in love with the spicy curry-licious red house sambal.
6) Recall a delicious visit that you previously had to Italy via Pomelo’s Monte Cristo pan fried polenta “sandwich.” Remember fondly the prosciutto, mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, and basil, with the balsamic dressing drizzle. Miss the eggs and field greens that accompanied it too.
7) Go home but remind yourself to book another Pomelo brunch vacation.
1793 Church Street
San Francisco, CA 94131